Unless Special Meeting is required
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Hank Podraza, Chairman (U)
Term: December 31, 2018
- Linda Christensen (D)
Term: December 31, 2020
- Gale Ennis (D)
Term: December 31, 2018
Interested in serving on the Ethics Commission?
Statement of Purpose
The proper operation of the government of the Town of Preston requires that public officials and employees act as public servants: courteous, impartial, honest, open, and responsible to Town residents; that they make decisions and policies free of improper influence; and that they use their office and employment in the best interests of the Town, and not for personal gain.
It is important that Town officials and employees understand the conflicts of interest they confront while carrying out their duties for the Town and recognize the importance of preventing conflicts from occurring, disclosing conflicts when they arise, and withdrawing from any involvement in a matter where they have a conflict.
The original Code of Ethics is used by the Preston Ethics Commission was approved at a town meeting on October 20th, 2005. Since that time the Code has been revised as the Commission has worked to establish its guidelines and procedures. The Code is in fact a "work in progress," not a static document, with the most recent revision having been approved on April 28, 2016.
Purpose of Code of Ethics
The purposes of this Code of Ethics are:
- To establish standards of ethical conduct for Town officials, employees, consultants, and those who do business with the Town;
- To provide clear guidance with respect to such standards by clarifying which acts are allowed and which are not;
- To promote public confidence in the integrity of Town government and administration;
- To provide for the consideration of potential ethical problems before they arise and to enhance the accountability of Town government to Town residents; and,
- To provide for the fair and effective administration and enforcement of this Code.
In pursuit of these goals, there is hereby established for the Town of Preston the following Code of Ethics (the "Code").
This Code of Ethics is established pursuant to Connecticut General Statues Section 7-148h, and pursuant to said Section, the provisions of subsections (a) to (e), inclusive of Connecticut General Statutes Section 1-82a shall apply.
For procedures on how to submit a Request for Advisory Opinion to the Ethics Commission, please see Form A:
For information on how to submit a Complaint to the Ethics Commission, please see Form B:
For more information, or if you need help in understanding the Code of Ethics, please contact us by email and you will receive prompt assistance.